Sunday, May 5, 2013

My current projects

This morning, I shared with some friends the reasons that I have not been posting here much in the last month and I realized I should be sharing this with you.  I am particularly bad at keeping up with posting when I have started things but have no finished product to show.  Right now I am working on a few things that I thought I would share. Think of it as a mini internet roundup with status updates about my own projects mixed in. 

The first thing I want to share with you all is this amazing British television show that I heard about from the blog The Feisty Redhead.  If you read my blog and like my posts about sewing, you will love the Feisty Redhead.  The blogger, Ashley, is a crafter who used to work for Martha Stewart and now writes posts for a few online publications.  She is always making interesting projects and sharing not only the results, but also detailed tutorials about how to make the items she creates.  I am an avid reader of her blog and recently she mentioned the Great British Sewing Bee.  She found episodes of it on YouTube and I followed suit.  The show is about amateur sewers making clothing.  Each episode has a cute tutorial on how to make something simple and some of the finished garments that the contestants turn out are truly spectacular.  I have always wanted to do more sewing of my own clothing, and this show inspired me to find a few simple patterns and get started.  I should have a few finished projects to show off soon.

Next up is 750words.com  This website provides its users with space to write every day.  There are challenges to complete every day of a month, write certain numbers of words, and a feature for looking at your most commonly used words and some data about your topics for each day and eternity.  The nice thing about it is that it allows you to journal and it gives you little rewards every day (even if it is just a completed day on the calendar) without the need to share with the world what you are writing.  I have been writing on the site on and off for over a year but I am back on and trying to write every day.  750 words lets me write about my life, write about my beliefs, plan for future creative writing projects, or creatively write.  It gives me an accomplish-able goal of 750 words every day and getting the daily emails reminds me not only to write, but that I want to.

The last thing I have to share with you today is a drawing challenge.  I found a pin on pinterest of this graphic. 
After some serious searching (come on guys, make sure the link leads somewhere before your repin) I found the original source.  I have taken it on and have just finished day 5.  The challenge will take me more than 30 days because I am taking the weekends off so I can spend time with John and catch up with other creative endeavors.  I have been having fun doing quick sketches every day and having the chance to challenge myself with different subjects.  I plan on sharing the results 5 drawings a time in future posts, so look forward to that.

I am sorry if you have been looking for new posts regularly and I have let you down.  I will continue to try to post something fairly regularly, even if I don't have a finished product to share.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment