Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ukrainian Egg Dying 5th and final part

Happy Easter! (to those of you who celebrate the holiday, otherwise happy spring day.)  The final two eggs are most appropriate to this day.  During the annual Easter egg hunt at the church I grew up in, there were always three special eggs.  If you found those, you could trade them in for a big prize, a chocolate rabbit or a coconut lamb cake.  When I was a kid, my mother used to make these eggs, writing the word Alleluia on them in latin, greek, and hebrew.  When I made my version to give as a gift to my new parish, I decided to go with latin, arabic, and hebrew.  A disclaimer is needed here:  I don't nor have I ever written or spoken any of these languages.  I got them off the internet so I apologize if they are terribly recreated here.


My mother created a beautiful egg also celebrating this season.


I love how she made the purple mottled looking.  This has been my Holy Egg Week.  I hope you enjoyed it.  What are you doing to celebrate the season?

No comments:

Post a Comment