Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Birthday!

As many of you know, yesterday was my birthday.  I had such a lovely surprise on Sunday when John took me out for the day.  We went to the Museum of the Moving Image in Queens.  It was really cool.  They have permanent exhibits including a puppet of Yoda used in the original Star Wars trilogy, costumes from the movie Chicago, and a whole selection of Original Series Star Trek memorabilia.  There is also an exhibit on arcade and video games on display at the moment.  They give you a handful of tokens with your admission.
Cool, right?  Turns out I am not as good at Frogger and Ms. Packman as I remember being.  Anyway, we had a really great day and I would recommend the museum to anyone visiting the area.

On another birthday note, my mother in law got me a beautiful hand thrown teacup from the Rochester Folk Art Guild.


Isn't it pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment