Monday, December 17, 2012

Washing with Soda

Baking soda that is.  I have been considering trying to cut out shampoo for a while now.  I don't always love the way it makes me feel, and let's be honest, the good stuff is expensive.  I know this sounds gross, but I don't mean I won't wash my hair.  There is a trend called (I hate this name) going poo-less based around washing your hair with things like baking soda and vinegar.  I was reticent, but after hearing Joy the Baker say she has done it and likes it, I thought I would give it a try.  I went with the simple baking soda paste method, mixing the soda with water and then scrubbing it into my scalp.  It was a bit more rinsing than I am used to, but it wasn't unpleasant, and this morning my hair felt great! If it continues to feel this good, I may never use shampoo again.  I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like using soda everyday, but I love doing it once a month or so to shake things up, and then it feels great.... But that might also be because I'm addicted to Beauty Without Cruelty (they smell so good).

    ReplyDelete