Thursday, December 6, 2012

The holidays have pounced part 2

This post won't be long, but I wanted to update you on my homemade holiday decor.  I have been folding origami ornaments and baking cookie ornaments, but you will have to wait until my tree post to see those.  What I want to share today are my handmade stockings.
I thought it would be nice to make a variety of color combinations.  My stocking is the one on the far left.  I  made it first and modified my design for the top flap on the next two.
 I hand embroidered our names on the felt flaps, and I love the way they came out.
We don't have a fireplace, which is where we hung the stockings when I was growing up, so I had to improvise.  It turns out our bookcase is made of softer wood than it looks like, because it was really easy to screw the cup hooks into it.  I think they look great.
I only have one holiday card so far, so it doesn't look quite as festive as I expect it will later in the season.
How do you personalize for the holidays?  My mom used to write our names in glitter glue on the stockings.  Leave me a comment and tell me how you like to make the holidays your own.


2 comments:

  1. My mom always made a million batches of home made fudge (we helped) and lemon cakes made in a coffee can and we gave them to our friends and teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really great. I always think the home made makes an impact.

    ReplyDelete