Sunday, May 6, 2012

Plants

The sewing is taking too long, and my fingers are sore from all the pin pricks, but it's coming along.
Check out some pieced together quilt squares:
and my toes




Not to mention a near perfect zipper install:

(alright maybe now I'm giving away that the big project is a slip cover for the couch, but this was the third seat cushion zipper install and I was really pleased with it!  I had to share)
And to fill in your desire for pictures until the rest of the project comes together, check out my cherry tomato plant:
 And my oregano and basil:

I got a grow light about a month and a half ago so I am very pleased to be able to grow plants again.  We don't get much sunlight in our apartment, so previous attempts have not made it.

3 comments:

  1. I need to figure the seat cover thing out, I have some cushions & chairs that need help! ;)

    I'm going to be growing herbs & veggies this year for the first time, I'm excited! I like your pots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ashley. This was my first successful slip cover experience. I have made a couple before but this is the first time I have been completely satisfied with the end result.
      My herbs are doing really well this year, the increased light is really helping! Good luck with yours.

      Delete
  2. Looks like it might be time to thin those tomato starts to one or two. It all looks great! Basil!

    ReplyDelete